When I moved over to Australia I knew I was going to miss things I had become used to in Eastbourne; The Ashoka Indian restaurant, my beautiful running group, Décor...
This area is for us all to collect as many ‘top tips’ as we can. I believe everyone has a few of these . As we share our own experience’s we will generate useful information for others and receive the same in return . Here are a few of mine-
1) bring your tumble dryer – it rains a fair bit!
2) pack Marmite
3) use a migration agent
4) pack as many toiletries into your shipping as you can – not cheap here
5) bring good quality cotton sheets with you
6) apply for you tax file number as soon as you arrive
7) prepare for high motoring costs
second hand cars hold their price in Oz
9) bring references with you for rentals: Bank, Employment and charactor
10) prepare for frizzy hair!! the humidity means your hair will never be the same – products NEEDED! – if you are used to good ones bring them.
Carole’s top tips:
11)Bring your white goods – they are expensive here and you will need a good tumble dryer! Convector ones are particularly good.
12)Use a migration agent – there is a lot of paper work to gather and this really helps keep the process more manageable.
13)Use a removalist that is experienced with overseas shipping.